Monday, May 1, 2017

Assignment 5


                                                       Final Summary Report

In Perspective, I aimed to imagine new worlds from the eyes of animals and contrast them from our human perception from a camera lens. I created lens distortion in order to immerse the viewer into the space I created, almost like an IMAX theater. I also altered the colors and brightness, in order to capture what kind of world that animal might be seeing. In contrast, when shooting from the human perspective, almost nothing was changed. I did my best to create smooth and consistent transitions to help maintain the flow of the piece.
            Conceptually, I intended Perspective to show humanity’s static, single point of view. To put it in more simple terms, we are often so caught up in our own world that we forget about the millions of others out there to explore and imagine. The single and normal perspective of the camera is ,of course ,in the human’s eye, while the specific points of view for each animal shows the fun  and intrigue in looking through another lens. The beginning and ending sequences also are of big conceptually significance. A new day dawns as the screen opens up, and you begin your walk of life. Throughout your life, you should go out, see and experience a great many things, from a great many perspectives other than your own. Sometimes, life can be as short as this two minute video, so there’s no time to waste. Because before you know it the dawn starts to fade at the end of the film and that it.

In a way, this film was born out of my desire to have no regrets at the end. I want to see it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment