Thursday, April 6, 2017

Rush Paper

Whenever something new and fresh comes out, there are always those who resent it's coming, particularly those who are being affected in a very Luddite fashion. We've talked about how the coming of the camera, turned the traditional art world on it's head. In addition, as a child of the digital era, I am reminded constantly by my elders, that all this technology is distracting me from what is real and right in front of me. This article also reminded me that even an industry as digital and up to date as film, has been affected, as more and more CGI is being placed into films, reducing the need for creative special effects engineers. I just find it so interesting that although seek to progress out of the fear of being outdated, at the same time we are outdating ourselves in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment